How to Move in Faith
What is faith?
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.”
Faith is the substance of the unseen realm. It is the mirror of the heart that reflects the realities of God’s world into ours.
What distinguishes us from “the world” we live in, is our FAITH.
Through faith, we are able to pull God’s promises into this earthly realm– how amazing is that!
In Hebrews 11 there is a great hall of fame of the heroes of the faith. They saw earthly realities unlocked by accessing heavenly promises by FAITH.
Here’s a reminder of some of their great achievements …
- Enoch – never died because He was highly commended as one who pleased God
- Noah – built an ark in the desert and saved his family and future generations
- Abraham – left his own land for a foreign country which became the Promised Land. Here he had Isaac, a child of promise whom he was willing to sacrifice
- Sarah – conceived a child well past child-bearing age
- Isaac – blessed his sons Jacob and Esau
- Jacob – was heir and blessed his sons
- Joseph – Prophesied the freedom that would follow his death
- Moses – Rescued God’s people from slavery
- Rahab – Did not perish as she welcomed the spies
- Not to mention Gideon, Barak, Samson, Daniel, David, Samuel and the prophets, who gained what was promised … by FAITH
What an inspiring list!
I believe we are living in a day and time when Father God is moving upon His people to raise up a new breed of believers who will move in the faith realm like never before.
Do you want to be one of them?
I do! I am desperately hungry to access ALL that Father God has through me – and it can only be done through FAITH.
Can you imagine this picture with me for a minute … a graduated slope which is leading up to a tall mountain … and I am walking up it … up … up … UP … UP … that is a picture of my faith journey right now. The incline is really stretching and challenging, but the (heavenly) vistas are spectacular! I am seeing more and more with spiritual eyes ALL the Lord is showing me, and I am pressing in BY FAITH into His promises over my life like never before.
There are two components to faith.
One is “believing” the promises of God, and the other is “taking action”. They are like wings on a plane.
James explains it like this “What does it profit if someone says they have faith, but it is without works. Faith by itself is dead. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? (took action) … Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? (took action). For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” (James 2:14)
Abraham demonstrated his faith not only by believing, but taking action (he literally offered Isaac on the altar … and he literally had to leave his own homeland for a forsign country).
In the same way, Rahab took action … she made herself ready and available to help the spies.
We also see that Moses just didn’t “believe” the Red Sea would open – He had to take action and obey God by lifting up His rod and command the sea to part.
Finally, Noah had to take action by picking up the hammer and nails and start to build an ark in the middle of the desert.
So we can see that faith without action is DEAD!
HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO US?
Let’s leave aside the heroes and think about our own lives …
My question is: How much are we people of real biblical faith? Perhaps we need to challenge ourselves further …
I’ve been asking myself these questions and I encourage you to reflect on them too:
- What promises have I received from God about my future?
- What has he told me about my dreams and destiny?
- What prophetic words have I received?
I have plenty, and I bet you do too. Because God loves to show us His good plans for our life! (Jeremiah 29:11)
So what dreams are in your heart? What has God spoken to you about?
- Is it is to “bind up the broken hearted” – THEN WHO ARE YOU LOVING?
- If you have an ability to teach – THEN WHERE ARE YOU DOING THIS?
- If it is to be a light in the market-place – THEN HOW ARE YOU RELEASING THE KINGDOM THROUGH YOUR WORK?
WHAT ARE YOU ACTIVELY DOING TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR FAITH?
Because like the heroes we just read about, real faith means taking ACTION – not just “believing”.
James said true faith is “faith and action working together“. Without this kind of faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:1)
If we are not intentionally taking action to fulfil God’s plans for our lives, then a good question would be this …
HOW REAL IS MY FAITH?
As I look around I see so many people looking for more and more prophetic words before they start to move in what God has already shown them.
They want “more evidence … and “more confirmations” before they get out of the boat.
This can go on and on and on and on and on … for many years … (opt out of this blog here if this doesn’t apply to you!)
Today is an encouragement and reminder that God requires us to take action on what He has already revealed to us.
What you already know is His green light to start moving forward … in some form.
- So … What action steps can you take?
- And … How will you move forward from where you are now?
Because this is called “REAL” biblical faith.
This week I encourage you to start aligning yourself like never before with your prophetic destiny.
Talk to the Lord today about what action steps you can take – and then get moving!
The kind of FAITH that the heroes had in Hebrews 11 was faith with action … And it got them into the hall of fame. That is where your name belongs also!
Enjoy taking steps of faith this week.
I would love to hear your comments below.
God bless you
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
This is what the ancients were commended for (Hebrews 11:1)Share